Monday, May 14, 2012

Accidents Happen in a Blink of an Eye!

Hello everyone! It has been a couple of weeks since I have posted and I felt I needed to explain. Last weekend my sister and I decided to visit our other sister out of town for a girl's weekend. No sooner had we gotten there than the sister that went with me suffered a bad fall and shattered her wrist! It is shocking to me how in a blink of an eye your health can change drastically.  We rushed her to the emergency room of one hospital only to be told it would be over seven hours before she would be attended. We immediately ran her over to another hospital and thank goodness they were able to take her in right away. She ended up needing surgery to set the bones. After the doctor inserted a plate and 11 pins into her arm and after she spent an entire week there she was able to come home. This is why at our age we must be super careful no matter what activity we are engaged in. My sister was doing nothing but walking and just happened to trip on an uneven surface which is proof positive it doesn't take much for an accident to happen. I thought I would share this incident with you because things could change on a dime and it's up to all of us to do our best to avoid anything that might cause us harm. Have a wonderful and healthy week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Leading a healthy lifestyle can add years to one's life expectancy. Most people do not eat the right types of food and do not get nearly enough exercise. Healthy Living

    ReplyDelete