Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Virtue of Being Disciplined!

Hello everyone!
Hope you all are having a great week so far! I was thinking recently, is it just me or do most people lack discipline too? There are so many things I start with great intentions and fail to follow through on. Everything from my health to my budget! For example, I bought the CoQ-10 that Dr. Oz said was great for my heart, but it's still sitting on my kitchen counter unopened! Do I dare risk having a heart attack? I guess I do because I have not gotten motivated to start taking it.  I bought my gym membership and have let other things get in the way of me going religiously like I swore I would. I started out pretty good, but the last two weeks have hardly found me on the treadmill where I belong. Instead, I've been out in the yard raking and mulching and do I have my sunscreen on like I know I'm supposed to? Of course not! I promise myself everyday to be extra careful with my skin because at my age I cannot afford sun damage, but when I ran out of my daily moisturizer (the one that comes with the high SPF rating) I kept meaning to run to the store to buy more but never got around to it. Then I decided to get my financial house in order by signing up on one of those websites that keeps track of all your spending. I started out pretty good getting all my account numbers together but as usual, I have not bothered to input all the necessary data they need in order to get started. It's a pain! Lack of discipline is probably a pretty common occurrence among us baby boomers. Life is just too jam-packed with other fun events that need our attention or just everyday life events that happen to all of us. But they all really do sidetrack us. That is why it is important to practice discipline only on the things that really matter most and not worry about the mundane things that can wait. As for me, I plan on opening my CoQ-10 tomorrow, what about you? Stay happy everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Your incredible! totally inspired and ready to start my own journey… Thanks for the post!? Your awesome!!

    ReplyDelete