Monday, April 16, 2012

Brain Games are Healthy!

Hope all of you had a wonderful Monday! As for me I did two of my favorite things today. I spent about 4 hours in the garden planting ferns in my flower beds. I burned tons of calories with all the digging and lifting I did all day. I got a great deal on some beautiful ferns at the local grocery store of all places! I had to beat the rain today so I spent all morning getting them into all the empty spots throughout my garden. Later this evening I got to do one of my other favorite things which is to work the daily crossword puzzle! Believe it or not, I love a challenging puzzle. I recently started printing the L.A. Times crossword which is fun. Studies have proven that for folks our age it is highly important that we not only exercise our body but that we exercise our brain as well! Working crosswords is an excellent way of getting that exercise. If crosswords are not your thing there are any number of brain games out there such as Sudoku or word search. If you just go to Google and type in "brain games" you will find an extensive amount of online games that can be a great benefit to your mind, including puzzles, card games, concentration games or optical illusion games. If you are not able to access a computer, go to your daily newspaper and play all the games and puzzles they offer. Save  your answers and check them the next day to see how many you got correct. You will find that you will look forward to this bit of fun every day. It's very enjoyable and you will gain great benefits by doing it. Remember! It's important to stay healthy over 50 not just in body but in mind too!

No comments:

Post a Comment