Thursday, April 12, 2012

Over 50 Is the Happiest Age To Be!

Recently there was an article all over the web and the morning talk shows that stated that age 33 was voted the "best" year of life. That is the age that researchers found most people to be the happiest. When I think back to age 33 all I can recall is the harried person I used to be, the one trying to juggle all of the duties required of me. I was a full time employee in a management position for a large corporation that did not care much about the health of its' employees. I was also the mother of two rambunctious, precious boys (our twins would follow 2 years later) who also were very busy at school. During this time my husband also spent many months away from the family on assignment which meant I had the entire burden of running the household squarely on my shoulders. So for me 33 was not the ideal time of my life. When I reflect on this I come to the realization that now is the best time of my life! I truly feel very blessed to be at the stage of life I'm in now. At almost 55 years of age I have been through quite a bit and this is really the best time of my life! All of our children have turned out wonderfully. They all are very well established in their jobs or college life. Every one of us is healthy and happy. My husband and I no longer have to rush home to anything in particular. After 35 years of marriage we still enjoy each other's company and look forward to growing old together. I live in a small town where the mad rush of the city no longer intrudes in my daily routine. I work out of my house and play in the garden all I want. I have friends and family who keep in touch daily. I feel excited when I bound out of bed each day just to get started and to see what the day will bring. Life at this age is truly the most amazing it can be. Life can be very rewarding at any age, but ultimately the happiness you feel is determined by your attitude. You can choose to stay in bed and dwell on all the negatives that occur at this age. You might suffer from aches and pains you didn't used to have. You might feel depression or feel indifference about things you used to care about. That is why it is important for us to focus on all the wonderful, positive things that happen after 50! There is so much to be grateful for. Dwell on the here and now and not in the past and make the most of the age you are today! Hope all of you have a great Friday tomorrow and a wonderful weekend....I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment