Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Find Your Personal Happiness to Stay Healthy

Hi everyone..
It is so important that we all find whatever it is in our personal lives that brings us happiness. Research indicates that happiness is truly the key to a healthy life. With this in mind please do whatever it takes to figure out what makes you happy and pursue it. Whether it is going to a job that is totally fulfilling, spending time with your beautiful children or grandchildren, playing in your garden, going on a hot date with a new "friend" or just hanging out doing a bunch of nothing...whatever it is find it and do it and do it often! Happiness is so important to our well being, not only to our mental health but to our physical health as well! We all have heard how our mental health directly impacts our physical health especially when it comes to stress and how it affects our body. I have to say that for me personally a day never goes by that I don't reflect on the happiness I feel inside when I commune with nature. I absolutely love and adore working in the yard and making things beautiful. I love the feel of the grass on my bare feet, I love the feel of the dirt when I am digging, I love the sound of the sweet birds singing overhead, but most of all I love the way my body feels healthy from all the exercise I get. Nature, for me is the ultimate when it comes to bringing me happiness.

Feeling fulfilled in life is so important to our mental well being. I can recall many times in my past where I felt very unfulfilled. I was working long hours at a job that did not satisfy me and where I felt that my talents were going unrecognized. I would literally count down the years, months and finally the days to when I would be able to retire and get out of what I considered a dead end job. Thank my lucky stars I was able to hang on and finally leave to find what really made me happy. I am in a great place now and I hope you are as well. If you are not there yet, do not fret, instead just focus and keep your goal in mind. Eventually you will be in your own personal happy place which is where you were meant to be all along!

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone and remember! Healthy Living Over 50 is so important for all of us! By the way here are a couple of photos of my personal happy place. Enjoy the pics!


My garage apartment


I love antiques! I found this old mailbox for $1 at a garage sale and turned it into a planter to hang by the garage apt door


Red geraniums are my favorite! Sitting atop 2 antique farm wheels


Our little cottage in the country


I found this old tub at a sidewalk sale in Smithville, Tx filled it with pink geraniums. So pretty!


Laid this cobblestone sidewalk and still have much to plant to fill the sides!

No comments:

Post a Comment