Saturday, February 18, 2012

I've Lost 10 Pounds in One Month and YOU Can Too!

Hey everyone! Great news, went to the gym this morning and weighed in. Looks like all my hard work and determination is finally paying off. I started this blog exactly one month ago today on Janauary 18. At that time, if you recall, I weighed in at 154. I had originally weighed in at 158 on January 1 which, like everyone else, is the date I made a resolution to change my lifestyle. But as of today I weighed in at 144, which leaves me 9 lbs to go to my goal weight! Late last year, my oldest son, Steve got married to a beautiful girl on December 17 and even though I got the usual compliments about how great I looked or how pretty my dress was, I knew my weight was out of control and the pictures proved it! I looked bloated and my size 14 dress was tight around the waist and butt! I know what you are thinking...158 isn't so bad, but you have to remember everyone's "normal" is different and 158 was just not normal for me! That is when I decided I had to change my attitude, my life and especially my diet in order to get back into my "normal" size 10 jeans. The day after my sweet son got married tragedy struck and this incident really motivated me to take drastic action before things really got out of control. My eldest sister barely survived what is called a disected aorta. This is what killed the comedian John Ritter. Most people do not make it to the hospital alive so it truly is a miracle she is still with us today. It is a well known fact that a sedentary lifestyle and poor diet are great contributors to heart disease and many other ailments. Unfortunately, she fell into the category of people who usually put diet and exercise last on their to-do list. Her survival was touch and go for a couple of weeks, but thank heavens she is alive and thriving. This was a wake up call to me and my siblings. We decided we must take action now....not later...now! Being over 50 makes you realize you are on the downward slope in life. But things don't have to get bad as you age. There are so many things you personally can do to stay vibrant and healthy.  If you feel that it's too late for you, take a good look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself you are not alone. There are thousands of people like you! The difference is that you are going to take control and take your life back. There is plenty of hope left but you have to get up off the couch and get motivated! Even if you start slowly....just start!
There is no reason why we can't all experience Healthy Living Over 50!

No comments:

Post a Comment