Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday in Austin, Tx! Cheating is OK Sometimes!

I have diligently been watching and monitoring my food intake and my exercise routine for the last 3 weeks. This explains why I felt no guilt about "falling off the wagon" today while I was visiting friends and family in Austin! As a matter of fact studies indicate that if you diet and exercise routinely you should give yourself  a day off now and then! On this day you should allow yourself some special treat you have been craving all week. Having a cheat day keeps you from feeling deprived. The theory goes that by allowing yourself one day off per week to eat what you really miss your body does not regain any weight because your metabolism is still going at full speed and cannot readjust in such a short time.  Also, allowing yourself one cheat day per week definitely makes sticking to a diet pretty easy when you know that you will have a whole day where you can eat normally and not have to be watching what you eat. It's important that you understand that even though it's called a "cheat day", you shouldn't spend an entire day once a week eating anything and everything you please. What you should do instead is to designate one day (usually the weekend) during which you will cheat on your diet one time. This can include the main course of a meal or the addition of a dessert--but probably shouldn't include both, unless the dessert is a healthy one, and not many are! With that in mind, I allowed myself to have pizza and a glass of wine today. YUM!
I enjoyed cheating, but it's back to crunch time tomorrow at the gym! Have a happy and healthy week everyone!
My Cheat Treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment