Thursday, February 23, 2012

Super Light and Delicious Dinner!

Hey everyone! Recently I was not real hungry, but I knew that logically I should eat something for dinner. It's well documented that if you don't get enough nourishment your body naturally starts storing up fat. I also heard that it's important to make your dinner protein dense. With that in mind, I reached into the pantry and opened a can of white beans. I rinsed them out to get the sodium off them and poured half the can into the skillet. This is less than 100 calories and they are so good, especially when you saute them in a little bit of olive oil with onions, fresh garlic (lots), grape tomatoes and chopped poblano pepper. Poblano peppers give your food a real kick, but not too spicy. If you don't have poblano, you can compensate with bell peppers. Then for a side dish, just slice some fresh cucumber and add a dab of red pepper hummus. Add a sprinkle of feta cheese to each slice. Dinner is light and easy! Super delicious! Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment