Sunday, January 29, 2012

Biking on a beautiful day! Visit Terry Hershey Park!

From everything I hear and read it is vitally important to do some kind of activity every day for at least 30 minutes in order to maintain good health and weight loss goals. With that in mind, I was lucky enough to have discovered Terry Hershey Park in Houston. The hike and bike trails are wonderful and very well maintained. The asphalt trail is almost 11 miles long, with many scenic dirt trails along the bayou for your enjoyment. I rode my bike for at least 30 minutes without stopping, which really got my heart rate up. The trail has many many challenging turns and hills (called anthills) and is very family friendly. I absolutely fell in love with this place. I am just a beginner biker, but I found the trails to be very user friendly, set along the scenic banks of Buffalo Bayou. I highly recommend you get out there, and do something, ANYTHING! Just get active, you will enjoy yourself more than you realize!
Technorati:
6XDDX94NQMKE

Terry Hershey Park

No comments:

Post a Comment