Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Great Workout/Delicious and Nutritious Lunch Recipe!

Just got back from the gym and all I can say is I am VERY TIRED! I had an excellent cardio workout, but it's funny though, I don't think of it as work so much any more. As each day goes by, I find myself looking forward to the "torture". I did a solid hour of cardio today including 20 minutes on the eliptical, 20 minutes on the bike and 20 minutes on the treadmill. I had my heart rate up for a good while! I had recent foot surgery and it has greatly impacted my ability to walk with no pain, so the treadmill is a real challenge. If you find yourself in this situation, just take it easy and work up to it, maybe do 5-10 minutes at a time. When I got home, I decided to make a healthy salad for lunch. I have become very mindful of what I eat, so I do not even buy any junk food for fear of returning to my old ways!
Try this wonderful salad at home when you get a chance, it was super tasty!



Here's a photo of the basic ingredients. It includes spinach, celery, red and green bell pepper, sliced pear, broccoli slaw and feta cheese.  Everything is so easily put together! I have discovered the broccoli cole slaw recently and love the fresh, crunchy addition to the salad. I also tossed in some dried cranberries, and a small handful of sunflower seeds. For protein I added a small package of pink salmon and drizzled a small amount of balsamic vinegar dressing! Served it with a tall glass of green tea.....Very delicious and nutritious!

No comments:

Post a Comment