Thursday, January 19, 2012

Cardio Routine/Lunchtime!

Gym time today focused on cardio! A decent workout combination is: 15 minutes on the treadmill with a speed of at least 3-3.5 per hour, 15 minutes on the eliptical, 15 minutes on the bike going at least at a speed of 14. I recommend also doing arm exercises with small hand weights (no more than 5lbs) while you're riding. After all the floor time I hit the raquetball court which was highly invigorating. Needless to say I am tired, but hopefully will see some major improvement on the waistline soon! You must stay hydrated. Drink at least 16 oz. water throughout your workout to avoid cramps.

Great lunch time smoothie: VERY LO-CAL AND DELICIOUS!
1 c. Green Tea (homemade, buy organic if you can)
1 c. Almond Milk ( I like Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Vanilla and it only has 40 calories per cup!)
1 large Swiss Chard leaf ( wash it thoroughly since chard can carry dirt on the leaves)
1/4 c. Greek Yogurt ( I really like the plain Fage Brand)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 small banana
4 walnut halves
1 handfull of frozen blueberries

If you would like to add whey powder for extra protein you may do so. I would recommend 1/2 scoop to avoid unnecessary calories. I have tried the Jillian Michaels Vanilla Cream flavor and it only has 100 calories per scoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment